Sprinkle with parsley, olives, and cheese. Serve over toasted bread.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices French bread, toasted
- Heat onion, bell pepper, and garlic in large skillet; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and paprika; sauté 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in tomatoes, black pepper, and artichokes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Form 4 (3-inch) indentations in vegetable mixture using the back of a spoon or bottom of a large custard cup. Break 1 egg into each indentation. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until eggs are done.
- Sprinkle with parsley, olives, and cheese. Serve over toasted bread.