4-Quart Dutch Oven; 10 ½-Inch Skillet with Cover Serves 6
- 8 ounces uncooked linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 8 ounces bay scallops, cleaned
- 8 ounces mushrooms, slicked
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere or Parmesan cheese
Cook the linguini al dente in the Dutch Oven using the package directions; drain.
Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender. Add the shrimp, scallops, mushrooms, bell pepper, wine, lemon juice, parsley, basil, fennel seeds, salt and pepper; mix well.
Reduce the heat; cover and leave the whistle closed. Cook for 15 minutes. Add the linguini and mix well. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Sprinkle servings with the cheese.