LARGE SKILLET Serves 4-6
- 2 cups penne pasta (cooked to aldente)
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup sundried tomtatoes (jullianne)
- 1 tbs fresh chopped basil
- 1 tbs olive oil salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup canned white fava beans
- 1 tsp corn starch mixed with 2 tsp water
Prepare ingredients as described and make ready to use. Combine wine and sundried tomatoes in a large skillet and bring to a whistle, turn to low for a few minutes. Transfer tomatoes to a small bowl and set aside.
Place large skillet on medium heat, add garlic, tomato, spinach and fava beans. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add pasta, sundried tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Stir, forming a well in center of the pan. Pour chicken broth into center of pan and return to heat. Allow to whistle. Add corn starch into pan and stir until slightly thick. Garnish with fresh basil.
35 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, 1 gram fat, 159 calories