Large Skillet, Large Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 lb Ground Turkey Sausage
- 1/2 Sweet Yellow Onion, minced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach leaves, chopped
- 3 Fresh Basil leaves, minced
- 2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 2 TBSP Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 16 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh grated Paremesan Cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 Cup Fresh grated Provolone Cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Grated Mozarella Cheese, plus more for topping
- Jumbo Shells
- Your favorite marinara sauce
Heat the skillet on medium heat; saute the onion, garlic, and pepper for 5-7 minutes. Add the ground meats and stir to combine. Cover,whistle open, and continue to cook on medium heat. When the whistle sounds, reduce the heat to medium low, uncover, and stir until the meat is browned.
Add the meat mixture to the mixing bowl and combine with the next six ingredients and the measured grated cheeses. Mix well and fill each shell with 1-2 TBSP of the mixture (freeze any remaining filling for your next lasagna or italian stuffed shells). Add a layer of sauce to the bottom of the large skillet and add the shells on top of the sauce. When all of the shells are stuffed, add the remaining sauce over the top of the shells. Cover, whistle open, and cook on medium heat.
When the whistle sounds, turn it to “C” for closed, and turn the burner to low. Continue to cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the burner off and allow to stand another 10 minutes. Sprinkle with a mixture of the grated cheeses as a topping and serve with a hearty side salad. Enjoy!