- 1 1/2 lbs chicken (sliced/cubed) breast or thigh
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (for authenticity)
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 onion cubed
- 8 chopped, dried chilies
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp seasoning soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 2/3 cup roasted cashews
- 4 chopped scallions
- Use box of Lavender rice from store (or)
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp food grade lavender buds
- Combine ingredients for rice in a 4 qt saucepan. Cover and open whistle. Once whistle sounds, close whistle and reduce heat to low. Cook until all water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile: Heat oil on medium heat in wok. Add garlic, onion, and chilies. Cook until aromatic.
- Add chicken, soy, oyster sauce, and sugar. Mix well. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir quickly for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.