10” Saute Pan, Large Skillet, Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 large can (about 7 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1/2 Small Bag of Whole Wheat Egg Noodles
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 TBSP all purpose wheat flour
- 3/4 Seasoned Salt
- 1/8 tsp Seasoned Pepper
- 1 Cup Skim milk
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas & Carrots Mix
- 1 Can Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup shredded 2 % Cheddar cheese
- Pepperidge Farms Bread Crumbs
Preheat LARGE SKILLET on MEDIUM heat. In 10” Saute Pan, saute onions and bell pepper until clear and tender. Combine all ingredients except for Cheese and Noodles in a large mixing bowl and pour into a skille sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover, whistle open, and cook until the whistle sounds.
When the whistle sounds, uncover and stir in the Egg Noodles. Important Note: the liquid must be hot to cook egg noodles; otherwise, the noodles will become mushy. Recover and allow to whistle again. When it whistles again, close the whistle and turn the burner down to Low. Allow to stand 15 minutes.
Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; recover, turn the burner off, and allow to stand for 5-10 more minutes. When done, sprinkle bread crumbs as a crunchy topping. Serve with your favorite green veggie or a nice side salad and enjoy!